If you love eating, you can surely be a good cook, but to be an excellent one, you should have good critics at home. For that I owe to my husband and my children.

I dedicate this blog to the young ladies - "the starters".

Monday, June 25, 2007

Lauki curry (churakka)


Bottle gourd –1/2kg (churakka1/2kg)
Raw mango –1/2 of a mango
Grated coconut –1/2
Green Chillies –2
Onion -1/2
garlic –4 pods
Jeera –1/2tsp
Water - 1glass
Oil -2tbsp
Small onions -4 (sambar onions)
Red chillies -2
Curry leaves 2
Turmeric ,chilli powder -(just to add colour)
Peal the gourd and mango.Cut mango into small pieces and cut gourd
into one inch pieces.Combine grated coconut ,chillies ,onion, garlic ,jeera
with quater glass of water in a mixer bowl ,and blend it into a fine paste.
Mix the coconut paste,half glass water, mango pieces and churakka with
Some turmeric and salt in a pressure cooker.Keep on fire till a whistle is heard.Take a frying pan pour 2 tbsp of oil ,add mustard seeds, let it splutter.Now add curry leaves as it become crisp add thinly cut small onions.Stir till crisp,fry red chillies and turn off the fire.Now add a pinch of turmeric and chilli powder.Pour this on the curry and can serve with
Rice and fish fry.

3 comments:

elro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elro said...

Great way to make lauki curry in true mallu style. I have now been regularly using this recipie and today since I couldnt find raw mangoes, substituted it with kodampulli (tamarind) and it tasted just great. Thanks for the recipie

Anonymous said...

I like reading an article that can make men and women think.
Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!
Also see my web page > diet solution reviews