If you love eating, you can surely be a good cook, but to be an excellent one, you should have good critics at home. For that I owe to my husband and my children.

I dedicate this blog to the young ladies - "the starters".

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Earthen ware (chatti)














When we buy earthen ware from a potter,we cannot use it
immediately for cooking.We have to groom it.First apply
Oil and salt on it .After cooking rice, pour the rice water in
this earthen bowl add salt then keep on slow fire. Repeat
this for four days.
(New earthen wares, absorb the taste of the curry while cooking)

3 comments:

Godzown said...

Thats a nice tip.
looking forward for more!:-)

vazhi yathra said...

I need your know how on certain types of Chattis available in market. Its black in colour and are claimed to be more stronger than normal ones ( brown ones). Also the sellers claim, they have been 'pre-seasoned'.

Are such chattis safe ? Any extra contents ( i mean metals added etc), along with clay, that may be dangerous to health ?

Thank you

Mini Thomas said...

I have black and red red ones.
Yes it is seasoned.But not stronger.
I had two blacks one broke another one is there with me for years.
No idea about any metal content in it.