If you love eating, you can surely be a good cook, but to be an excellent one, you should have good critics at home. For that I owe to my husband and my children.

I dedicate this blog to the young ladies - "the starters".

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sweet Rice( pachoru)



This recipe may be known to everyone.
I just wanted to share it .
A nostalgia that connects to the nercha
Of our Tripunitura st. Mary’s feast.
Tamuku nercha or pachoru nercha (payasa choru).
After long hours of service on the feast day,
A dollop of pachoru was an instant energy
Packed with sweetness helped us to walk back home.


Rice -3cups
Coconut grated -1cup
Milk -1cup
Jaggery (molasses) -1 ½ cup
Cardamom powder -1tsp
Clarified butter(ghee) -1tsp
Thinly sliced coconut -1tsp

Preparation

Cook rice. When it is well cooked, add milk and
Grated coconut. Stir continuously. In quarter glass of water
melt and strain jaggery(molasses). Pour this syrup into
the rice mixture. Stir till it is almost dry. Turn off the flame.
Fry thinly sliced coconut and add to this sweet rice.
Sprinkle powdered cardamom and serve cold.





One of my friends wo visit me daily. Three squirrels,two pigeons
and two bulbuls are regulars. Morning 7 ‘o’ clock is breakfast time
for them. Sharp 6.30 a.m the bulbuls will be calling for me.
Others will be impatiently walking up and down for
fresh water and food.

Thank You for the birds that sing,
Thank You ,God,……….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Fortunate me I discoveгed youг web site by chanсе, anԁ І am
ѕurpriseԁ ωhy this tωіѕt of
fate didn't came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

My blog :: Stay With me

Roshini Jacob said...

Thanks a lot...finally got the right recipe for the nostalgic Pachoru!