If you love eating, you can surely be a good cook, but to be an excellent one, you should have good critics at home. For that I owe to my husband and my children.

I dedicate this blog to the young ladies - "the starters".

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meen peera


Fish -1/2 kg
Grated coconut –2 cups
Green chillies –3
Ginger –2 inch length
Onion –1big
Garlic –6
Curry leaves
Kudum puli (kokum) -2big
Coconut oil -1tbsp
Clean the fish with salt and keep aside .
In a mixer bowl, add coconut green chillies ,
ginger ,onion ,garlic and corsely grind it
without adding water.Soak the kudampuli
for 2 minutes in water and cut them into
small pieces.Drain the puli and combine with
fish ,coconut mixture ,curry leaves ,salt and
¼ glass of water in a earthenware for 10 minutes
in low flame .Turn off the fire and pour 1 tbsp ,
coconut oil on top .
hot or cold the smell itself is appetising .
-Small fishes or sardines are preferred for this dish .

3 comments:

reena said...

nice meen peera. I tried it today.

reena said...

very nice,Mini.I tried it today

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?