If you love eating, you can surely be a good cook, but to be an excellent one, you should have good critics at home. For that I owe to my husband and my children.

I dedicate this blog to the young ladies - "the starters".

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Boiled Rice (red rice)














Many times I have encountered
this question from young ladies,
how do you cook

red rice in cooker?
This recipe is for them.

Rice -2cups

Water –10cups

Place cooker with water on fire.
Wash rice twice and add to the warm water.
Close the lid
and keep on high flame till the first whistle.
Lower the flame and let the cooker whistle twice.

Turn off the flame and let the cooker cool its pressure.
Pour it into a strainer.Serve hot steaming rice
With fish curry.


Tips-


Can take the strained water(rice soup) into a bowl ,add salt and drink it hot.
It is not only an energizer,
but also soothes your stomach when it is upset.

No comments: